ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) is a low-cost engineering plastic that bridges the gap between standard plastics and high-performance engineering thermoplastics. Its versatility comes from its three monomers: acrylonitrile enhances heat stability and chemical resistance, butadiene provides impact strength and toughness, and styrene allows for good formability and rigidity. ABS is easy to machine and fabricate and is widely used for machining preproduction prototypes because it has excellent dimensional stability and is easy to paint and glue. Natural (beige) ABS is FDA-compliant for use in food-processing applications.
- Excellent impact strength
- Good fabricating and machining properties
- Low cost
- Excellent aesthetic properties
- Good chemical resistance
Standard Shapes and Forms:
- Sheet: .060” – 6” thick
- Rod: .250” – 6” diameter
- Other Forms: Thin gauge sheet – see ABS under Glazing and Construction Materials
- The range of sizes and shapes are grade specific, order minimums may apply. Please contact us for more information.